• Announcements

• Banlish

Welcome to the Forums   12/30/2016

Welcome to our Community Forums! Please take a moment to register and have a look around. We hope you enjoy your visit!  
Sign in to follow this  
Heartlesstree

Clear and free.....

This post has been a long time coming. It just took a few things to line up.

First I want to thank Banlish for taking time out of his day for me, to answer financial questions. Long story short, My family was well prepared when they passed away, and a chain of properties fell my way. After all the repairs were done, I only made money on 2 of the properties. I was largely concerned that it would not be enough to accomplish my goals, for myself and my children. Banlish gave me what seemed so simple, yet solid advice. I took the chance, and the results are more than I expected.

It has now been 6 months since Banlish gave me the advice.

I am now completely debt free.

My wife and Myself have I.R.A. Accounts.

Both my children have saving plans with high interest.

I am now also able to do a full upgrade on all my stream/gaming equipment.

I am also set to repair all the issues with my house, which is huge!

That is just the start, as more things are still in the works. I just wanted to express my sincerest thanks to Banlish for the point in the right direction. 

You Sir, Are Awesome........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Now this, makes me SMILE large man, like really large.  

I guess the next part is, do you have 6 months of expensses saved up, utilites, mortage, gasoline, groceries, etc?   If that's there then you put 15% away for retirement between you and the wife's retirement accounts, and plow the rest into the house being paid off early.

Also you said Childrens savings plans with high interest, have you investigated doing 529b plans for your kids?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/529_plan   OR maybe a educational IRA for each child?  Which if they don't go to college, they could then 'take' at say 25 or whatever and just have a massive down payment for their houses? http://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/educationira.asp 

I LOVE seeing your post, it makes me smile ear to EAR that you've gotten yourself in that position and if you want to talk further, just let me know.  I'm truly happy for you man, the 'next' thing to work on, is how fast we can build your wealth so you can be a millionaire.  And not 'just to have money' but to 'retire without worry'.

That's awesome news man, Seriously FREAKING Awesome!

• Upvote 1