• Announcements

• Banlish

Welcome to the Forums   12/30/2016

Welcome to our Community Forums! Please take a moment to register and have a look around. We hope you enjoy your visit!  
Sign in to follow this  
hixenator

New here.

Hi all. Figured I would get to introducing myself. I just turned 36. I was in the Army from 1999 to 2010. I love video games. My first setup was an Atari 2800. I have always had an affinity for electronics as far back as I can remember. I was building Apple IIe computers and graduated to IBM clones. I love working on electronics so much that I chose it as a career in the Army. In 2009 I was in Iraq and ended up getting a TBI. It was a career and almost life ending injury. I had to relearn how to walk and talk again. I am mostly whole again due to a very dedicated group of nurses and therapists that didn't give up on me when I gave up on myself. I bought an RV with some savings that I had and traveled all over the US. Currently living in Athens, Georgia due to some unforeseen circumstances and now I am living a stationary lifestyle. Hoping to get back into gaming and increasing my social circle. If you're ever in the area and want to meet up for drinks or something just shoot me a message.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Welcome! Thank you for joining the community, and thank you for your service. 

I am on disability and have chronic pain. Gaming is such a great way to distract oneself from the pain and related day to day difficulties. I hope you are able to get back into it.

Also, thank you for your service. :banheart: